Anthony Ryans, Galway is a company registered in Ireland (collectively referred to as "Anthony Ryans", “AR”, “we" or "us" in this policy).
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at AR, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. AR is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our store(s), use your mobile device or go online, provides you with information about:
- How we use your data
- What personal data we collect
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained, and
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
AR (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- To provide goods and services to you
- To make a tailored website available to you
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
- To verify your identity
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- For market research purposes - to better understand your needs
- To enable AR to manage customer service interactions with you, and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
AR uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest AR offers.
AR aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- Changing marketing preferences by visiting our shop outlets and requesting Point of Sales staff assistance or via your AR account settings
- Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “STOP” number for SMS text messages, and/or
- Contacting AR via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
We may analyse your browsing and purchasing activity, both on-line and in store, and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, we use software and other technology (automated processing).
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers. AR only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, AR will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- To comply with our legal obligations,
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases),
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders, and
- For the protection of our employees and customers
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for AR to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws. If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 10 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
AR may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, age/date of birth and gender
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address
- Purchases and orders made by you
- Your on-line browsing activities on AR websites
- Your password(s)
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Your location
- Your correspondence and communications with AR
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
- AR is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include:
- Regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data,
- Regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents,
- Security controls which protect the entire AR IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access, and
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
AR will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from AR asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session. In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to AR and more generally:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained.
- We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge
- Legal basis for AR processing customer personal data
- The right as set out above, to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact [email protected] detailing your contact details and information request background.
AR collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below),
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer, or
- Complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or SMS text message. Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of AR, including:
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers (including administering our loyalty scheme)
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- Managing insurance claims by customers
- Protecting AR, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to AR
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against A, anD
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
If you have any questions about how AR uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- Phone us on: +353 91 567061
- E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at Anthony Ryan Ltd, 16-18 Shop Street, Galway, Ireland, H91 P5YE
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC). Further information, including contact details, is available at https://www.dataprotection.ie
This policy was last updated in May 2018
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files automatically downloaded from to your browser when you visit certain websites. Cookies on the browser are presented to the website on each return visit as a way of ‘remembering’ your browser and device and provide you with a better website experience. Cookies can collect information about browsing and purchasing behaviour, including information about pages viewed, products purchased and your journey around a website.
Note that cookies in themselves do not identify you as the end-user, just the computer or mobile device that you are using via a randomly generated identification tag.
Cookies are essential for the effective operation of the Anthony Ryans website and to help you shop with us online. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to you, both on our websites and elsewhere.
- Prerequisite to being able to navigate, make online purchases and carry out other on-line transactions on www.anthonyryans.com
- Essential to how AR markets to you, particularly with respect to web banner advertisements and targeted advertising campaigns
- Monitor the success of marketing campaigns (advertising), how visitors use our site by tracking browsing behaviour and shopping patterns and support participating marketing partners
- Present personalised features and more relevant information during return website visits
- Meet contractual click-through settlement rules, i.e. when a product is purchased by someone who has visited the AR website from a site operated by a favoured third-party, and
- Record search string information to make subsequent searches faster on current or future visit
How to manage or opt out of Cookies
If you wish to disable Cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject Cookies. There are different instructions to do this depending on browser vendor and software release version.
If you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete Cookies from www.anthonyryans.com, you can use your browser to do this. www.aboutcookies.org gives full details of how to manage Cookies on different types of web browser. You can find more information about Cookies at:
http://www.allaboutcookies.org and http://www.youronlinechoice.eu
After disabling Cookies, the website may not operate properly. If you only disable third party Cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites.
If you disable all Cookies, the website may not operate properly and you will be unable to complete a purchase on our shopping website.